Hi, developers.
I am Kuniyuki Iwashima, Japanese.

I wrote a proposal about formset improvement.
my proposal is here
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/egw3v1ttwy5uz27/gsoc.pdf?dl=0>.

ABSTRACT:

1.1 Lack of ease to use

As mentioned in the Ideas List, it is important to make a request object
available everywhere that it might be needed. When we use a Form, it is not
a problem, but when FormSet, it may be difficult to pass request object to
FormSet. This problem was solved in new versions of django 1.9 by adding a
argument form_kwargs (#18166 <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/18166>).
However, FormSet is still hard to use without reading bit long Document or
complicated source code.

1.2 Why hard to use and Goals

In forms/edit.py, some generic views for Form are defined and these make it
much easy to use Form. On the other hand, no generic view for FormSet is
defined. Therefore the first goal of this proposal is to create generic
views for FormSet and ModelFormSet that correspond to FormView, CreateView,
and UpdateView. Also, the new views should be written in the same style so
that we can intuitively deal with them. For example, they should have
get_formset_class and get_formset_kwargs in addition to get_form_class and
get_form_kwargs.

However, in order to create the new UpdateView, I have to solve another
problem (#26142 <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/26142#no1>). Now
ModelFormSet does not have 'edit mode', so this is the second goal.

 Thanks for any feedback and suggestion.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/6c341753-cb9e-4352-9948-1ebe52b5a20c%40googlegroups.com.