My only concern is that it would greatly reduce the usefulness of the
exception reporter, and might lead to people removing the
sensitive_variables decorator in order to see exception tracebacks.

Perhaps rather than obscure all local variables below the decorated
function, we could obscure any variable with the same *value* as a
sensitively marked variable in the call stack? This would work better with
strings than say dictionaries, but it could be a good middle ground.

Tom

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAFNZOJNPoU0S2_44S3frL4%2BdkjYqOXYEw%2BRP4-tT1z_Lx%2BuRqg%40mail.gmail.com.