Hi folks,

Following a short discussion over at:

https://github.com/machinalis/mypy-django/issues/9,

There is some renewed interest in getting stuck into type hints for
Django. I wanted to drop a mail here to see what the status is.

In preparation for this email, I've been combing the Django issue
tracker and some related project Github issues to see what has already
been done and adding notes over at:

https://github.com/lwm/mypy-django/issues/1

Was I correct in discovering that there is some general consensus on
waiting PEP 561 to land? It seems like that PEP has been accepted and
there are three options for implementation:

PEP 561 notes three main ways to distribute type information. The
first is a package that has only inline type annotations in the code
itself. The second is a package that ships stub files with type
information alongside the runtime code. The third method, also known
as a “stub only package” is a package that ships type information for
a package separately as stub files.

I saw mention of the necessity of DEP being submitted.  Has it been
done yet or started? I can't see anything related over at:

https://github.com/django/deps

Hope someone can enlighten me, thanks!

Best,

Luke