Le lundi 23 juillet 2018 20:32:55 UTC+2, Florian Apolloner a écrit :

> Hi Claude,
>
> On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 8:14:23 PM UTC+2, Claude Paroz wrote:
>>
>> Sure, the idea is to put a base structure in place to support such
>> functionalities at a later stage (in core or as 3rd party like
>> django-compressor).
>>

>  I am just a little bit worried about adding this without any concrete
> plan on how 3rd party apps are going to use it. What speaks against trying
> this outside of core like channels? (I'll happily put it under the django
> umbrella, but core seems a little bit fast tracked to me).

I think that such little code doesn't make much sense as a 3rd party app.
Either we consider it a common base to build upon by 3rd parties or we
conclude that it isn't worth to have such a base.
One of the goal of this thread is to hear from potential users of this
proposed API.
I'll see if I can add subresource integrity support to demonstrate a
potential added value.

Claude

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/4cfce3d2-2b66-49be-ad1b-e25f98659713%40googlegroups.com.