Generally, "is it a bug?" questions should be directed toward our support
channels (linked from
https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/TicketClosingReasons/UseSupportChannels).
Otherwise, Trac becomes a second level support channel which adds a lot of
noise.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/02010665-d2e1-43d3-ab66-8a69a5cc2672%40googlegroups.com.