I like this solution, as it applies the fix for new things moving forward
with no change in
behavior to cause problem for existing tweaked in sites.  The most likely
time to run in to this problem is, in my opinion, is when varying platforms
or starting fresh
projects.  Once settled in to a project/platform combination, minor OS and
platform feature
patches, etc. are are unlikely to change behavior.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/a8ea6c6b-b04c-4160-b707-dfccd816526c%40googlegroups.com.