Hello,

I encountered some troubles with django logging configuration during the
update from Django 1.11 to 2.1. This issue was related to this commit
<https://github.com/django/django/commit/3af305e8b8a89f4b0e5874cd601568ab8dcd7334>
 and
generally `ServerFormatter.uses_server_time()` method.
This method forces users to use `{` logging style, by hard coding it in the
following line: `return self._fmt.find('{server_time}') >= 0`, so it works
only with `{` style, which is the default one.
I couldn't find any explanation why users should use `{` style instead of
`%` or `$` and I think style should be totally irrelevant to Django.
My suggestion is to make `ServerFormatter.uses_server_time()` workable with
all logging styles or to add some note to documentation that `{` logging
style must be used when `ServerFormatter` is overwritten.
If you decide to make some changes in relation to this issue, I am eager to
contribute.

Thank you all for working on Django!

Kind Regards,
Łukasz