On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 4:44 AM 'Lance Ellinghaus' via Django developers
(Contributions to Django itself) <django-developers@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Should I consider his statements to be the final statement from the Django
> core developers?
>
> You should take it as someone giving their opinion on the users list.

This is the current roster of "Django core":

https://www.djangoproject.com/foundation/teams/

As to your actual question, the main issues were also discussed in the
thread:

* Someone sufficiently motivated needs to sit down and write the code and
do it in a way that integrates well into Django
* That person needs to commit, or find someone willing to commit, to
maintaining this code in Djano

To date, nobody has stepped up and complete those things. If you'd like to
make an attempt because you need the feature, you're certainly welcome to,
and I don't think anyone will try to stop you (there would almost certainly
be constructive feedback on API design, but that's about guiding something
to completion, not stopping it).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAL13Cg9e6ojROwOb%2BjFPdAsAQ5g1pQVOZ0%3DVwNbvY9ACri9uyw%40mail.gmail.com.