That would be my guess too. So if it went into the Django core at all, it
would need to be documented as a Postgresql only thing I guess (if the
guess proves right). This might also then figure in the recommendation on
databases. Postgresql is already recommended as the production database by
Django doc somewhere, it's only reason I opted for it when I started this
project, on that recommendation. And if, among its benefits is that you
validate ToMany relationships in the ORM, that would be a feather in its
cap. Was certainly a pleaasant and surprising discovery that I could get
away with this in a transaction.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/bcaa4ee4-1649-42fc-82b6-6cffd25bee93%40googlegroups.com.