Hey Mat, thanks for the input. Good to know SESSION_COOKIE_SAMESITE = None
and CSRF_COOKIE_SAMESITE = None solved the issue 29975. Do you want to post
there this solution? I can do it to.
I've updated safari-samesite-cookie-issue
<https://github.com/vintasoftware/safari-samesite-cookie-issue> to better
reproduce the session issue too.

Florian, I didn't know about Safari Technology Preview, thanks! Installed
it in my Mac Mojave 10.14.3. Tested again
my safari-samesite-cookie-issue project. Issue seems solved.
My Safari is "Release 77 (Safari 12.2, WebKit 14608.1.7.3)".

Good to know it's a matter of time until this issue is solved in the wild.
But I still think it's a serious problem: it caused us a major disruption
in production because our transactions are very email-based, and therefore
rely on third-party redirects.

What are the next steps?
A warning at the docs for these settings?
Happy to help if necessary.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/76e3cf08-2c4c-4690-84e7-38eed0abb773%40googlegroups.com.