Hi everyone,

The Technical Board has voted on DEP 0008 (
https://github.com/django/deps/blob/master/accepted/0008-black.rst), after
the extensive discussion here and the updates done as a result.

The board voted in favour, and so I've moved the DEP into the accepted
directory.

One of the key changes to the proposal was to wait until Black got to a
stable (1.0) release, so it will sit in "accepted" until that happens, at
which point we will do the implementation (including the big reformat
itself) and then move the DEP to "final".

There's no hard timeline on when Black will hit a stable release, but it's
very close; there are a few changes we'd like to make sure are included
when we reformat Django, such as keeping lists with trailing commas on
multiple lines (https://github.com/python/black/pull/826). That's why we're
waiting for the stable release rather than reformatting now.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on the discussion - this was not an easy
decision, and the feedback helped a lot to work out what was best for us.

I also want to personally thank Herman Schistad, for prompting this
discussion, and Aymeric Augustin, for his work on writing and updating the
DEP!

Yours in auto-formatting,
Andrew

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAFwN1uox9b7i895zS0pymzJ-kUQtd_USkQi-%3DbY-q58noo3Mmg%40mail.gmail.com.