I agree that 2FA could be a good choice - some of the async support work
would also have been good, had I made more progress in the latter half of
this year.

A couple of other ideas for big projects:

* A secrets manager abstraction and built-in support for Vault, KMS, and
other common ones
* A proper story and hooks for running Django as a service (i.e. outside of
a traditional HTTP request/response cycle)

And some ludicrous projects I'd still consider:

* Evented/event-sourcing database work on top of the ORM
* A GraphQL-to-ORM mapper

Andrew