Last month the process of adopting DEP 10 -- new governance for the
Django project -- was completed:

https://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2020/mar/12/governance/

As a result, we are now in the implementation stage. Although there
will almost certainly be other items that pop up on the to-do list,
here's a quick status update on what has been done so far, and what
still needs to be done.

Some of these items require particular permissions; for example, I
believe I currently have the necessary permissions to handle the PyPI
configuration change, and I know I have the necessary permissions to
create a page on djangoproject.com for listing the recipients of the
initial grant of "Django Core Developer" status, but some others --
particularly closing mailing lists, and IRC-channel bureaucracy -- I
don't have access for, so consider this message a call to anyone who
*does* have those permissions to get in touch and coordinate on
getting them done.

* DONE -- Create a Mergers group for the main Django repository
* DONE -- Remove commit access for the main Django repository from the
former "Django Core" team

* IN PROGRESS -- DSF Board develops infrastructure for running a
Technical Board election
* IN PROGRESS -- Restrict PyPI package-upload access to Releasers
* IN PROGRESS -- Add page on djangoproject.com listing recipients of
"Django Core Developer" title
* IN PROGRESS -- Update Django documentation to describe DEP 10 governance

* TODO -- Close django-core mailing list
* TODO -- Close django-technical-board mailing list
* TODO -- Close #django-core IRC channel
* TODO -- Remove or change Django "committer" cloak on Freenode IRC
* TODO -- DSF Board to create a process for granting "Django Core
Developer" title beyond initial DEP 10 grant
* TODO -- First DEP 10 election of Technical Board