I definitely think this is worth pursuing - the reason I didn't do it back
in the day was that squashing the entire project involved solving some
rather nasty dependency graph issues if there were any cycles of apps
depending on models from other apps.

If we can overcome that, though, and squash down to just a couple of
migrations each app, it would be nice to have that be a shortcut.

Andrew