Hey, I recently took over a ticket regarding adding a title option to
list_filter
<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.0/ref/contrib/admin/#django.contrib.admin.ModelAdmin.list_filter>and

I would like to hear your opinion on how the API for this should look like.

The idea of this ticket is that you can add the title that is used for the
filter directly to list_filter if you don't like the default name.
Currently, the only way to change the title is by creating a subclass of
FieldListFilter, set the class attribute title of this class and pass it as
list_filter=[(field,
custom_class)]. Especially if the field is a foreign key the default name
(which is the verbose_name) might not make much sense in this context. The
pull request currently proposes to add a new way by allowing to add a
2-tuple (field, title) to list_filter like e.g. ('tags__tag', 'Related Tag')

Ticket: https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/29232

Pull request: https://github.com/django/django/pull/12837