Does anyone else have an opinion on whether or not we should still be
removing these stopwords?

Hopefully someone more involved in i18n can weigh in.

I'm not sure if there are any i18n concerns here. In fact, ceasing this
practice removes the impetus for the recurring issues being raised about
how this practice negatively affects the experience for users of other
languages, or doesn't remove words in their language, etc.

Thanks for the suggested code, Adam. On the topic of deprecation, in
general: Andy I weren't really sure how to approach that for a
JavaScript-only change. We can't throw deprecation warnings in the Django
console like we could if we were talking about Python code, can we? I could
see adding some more aggressive messaging, maybe even in the Admin?