More to Tom's point, I'm currently working on an old app that the original
intent was to never delete anything, ever. The original programmers did
something similar to what you did with the exception that they added a
"deleted_ts" field to every model, the  model/queryset delete() would just
add now() to the aforementioned field. This all seemed great on the
surface, until we realized the app needed tests, they wrote none. Sometimes
even in the more severe of cases, you want to do delete(), inside tests or
otherwise. As an ongoing effort, we have created a soft_delete() and left
delete() alone, created a Admin mixin called SoftDeleteMixin that adds an
extra button in the details and a new action to the list view.

What you're suggesting definitely something that should be there, i really
suggest you reconsider your approach.