It's easy enough to read the output before you migrate. It's pretty darn
hard to accidentally delete an entire Model. It'd have to be a new or
obscure Model with no references in your Views, no ForeignKeys to it, etc
etc. Deleting a Field accidentally on the other hand is pretty easy to do.
I do feel that migrations are a major sore point in Django. I don't believe
that *"*Make sure to read the output to see what makemigrations* thinks you
have changed - it’s not perfect, and for complex changes it might not be
detecting what you expect." * is good enough for us. A flag/option for this
wouldn't hurt.