It definitely does. Thanks.

Jure

On 19/08/2020 14:03, Carlton Gibson wrote:
 From the thread, I’d suggest collaboration with Curtis if the ideas are
similar enough.

Also from the thread: the idea seems to fit between include as we have it now,
and a custom tag.
Maybe that gap hasn’t been wide enough to grasp sufficient interest?

I think the standard path for inclusion into core goes more or less:

* Here’s an idea
* Here’s a third-party implementation.
* Everyone[*] is using it, and the troubles have been ironed-out
* let’s merge it.

[*]: Everyone ≈ a good number.

For a third-party lib, there’s no need for it ever get to the last step. (It
could but it doesn’t have to.)
Everything we can keep somewhere else makes Django more maintainable, so
there’s a general preference for NOT including things if possible.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Kind Regards,

Carlton