Hi

startapp is customizable with templates:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.0/ref/django-admin/#cmdoption-startapp-template
. You can base such a template on the built-in template and customize it
how you like - for example adding a urls.py file:
https://github.com/django/django/tree/master/django/conf/app_template

If you want to change the default template, it would require more than
opinion. For example, can you show what % of apps need their own urls.py
files? How common is this practice across the community? For example,
recently I've mostly worked with projects using a single urls.py file for
the whole site, rather than implement them per-app, since it makes them
more comprehensible.

--
Adam