So, I have been digging a little bit more and it seems there was a
conscious decision to not include an entropy check or character classes:
https://groups.google.com/g/django-developers/c/9GBhgGXmEKs/m/toKKgGhaqewJ
-- But I have to admit that this is all I could find and I was rather
surprised when you brought up the topic. I certainly would also have
expected stronger validation by default (then again I tend to customize
those settings very early on usually) -- maybe some kind of entropy check
(but it's hard to write a good error message on those).

I just double checked and hhhhhhhh/pppppppp are indeed in the common
password list. Funny that they seem to be a) common enough to be included
there and b) commoner than let's say iiiiiiii.

Cheers,
Florian