On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 5:51 AM Muskan Vaswan <muskanvas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to know what functionality already exists that makes it easier to
> directly load a large data set into a django model from a CSV file (going
> with the simplest format or now).

Hi Muskan,

In PostgreSQL I use the COPY FROM to load a large set of data directly
into the database table from a CSV file.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-copy.html

In a Django project I used Django Postgres Copy to load 1M lines CSV
file in 1 second:
https://github.com/california-civic-data-coalition/django-postgres-copy

I know my answer is not useful for other supported database backends,
I only tried to share my experience.

Best,
Paolo

--