Reverting didn't see to do anything but I'll spread around some breakpoints
in 3.1 and 3.2 and compare what happens.

I have another project, on 3.0, that I'm testing with 3.2 with the exact
same naming scheme (except every app has a a label in their AppConfig, in
the one that fails, not all of them do) and this other project, everything
migrates just fine. The failing project started life before migrations
existed so there might be some not-upgraded cruft that is the cause.