Yes, the package is that one and Josh mentioned it in the related issue
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/34110

But that package is unmantained and the feature that it provides can be
very useful to have directly in the Django core.

On Thu, Oct 20, 2022, 18:00 'Tobias McNulty' via Django developers
(Contributions to Django itself) <django-developers@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I also may be missing some context, but is this the mentioned package?
> https://github.com/waveaccounting/dj-inmemorystorage
>
> I have not used it, but it looks like a useful tool to have!
>
> Tobias
>

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 7:50 PM David Sanders <
> shang.xiao.sand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I may be missing some context here but is this something distinctly
>> different from setting SQLite to use in-memory storage [1]? 🤔
>>
>> [1] https://www.sqlite.org/inmemorydb.html
>>
>> David
>>
>> On Fri, 21 Oct 2022, 04:30 Paolo Melchiorre (paulox), <
>> pa...@melchiorre.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> there is a package that provide in-memory data storage backend, but it's
>>> now abandoned.
>>>
>>> Having support for in-memory data storage could be very useful for
>>> Django itself and furthermore it would involve adding a small code with
>>> tests that do not justify the creation of a fork of that old package.
>>>
>>> We are talking about this during the sprints at DjangoCon US 2023 in San
>>> Diego with Josh Thomas and Mariusz Felisiak proposed to us to ask here on
>>> this list.
>>>
>>> What do you think about adding an in-memory data storage backend
>>> directly in the Django core?
>>>
>>> Ciao,
>>> Paolo
>>>
>>> --
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/e0f6d509-20d7-4eef-b570-cc53611dca01n%40googlegroups.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/e0f6d509-20d7-4eef-b570-cc53611dca01n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CADyZw-64SU%2BdwjKDGmzCZpz06VZ-QUxjb3%2B9RGFp8vqbJSd58Q%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CADyZw-64SU%2BdwjKDGmzCZpz06VZ-QUxjb3%2B9RGFp8vqbJSd58Q%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAMGFDKRiEsi7BqaNUJGFWNYqpfP3Cq8TVx3fQYuuYp9ii-injw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAMGFDKRiEsi7BqaNUJGFWNYqpfP3Cq8TVx3fQYuuYp9ii-injw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAKFO%2Bx7G7jfkbAG7uOnTjkunTOxuY0H4ZTXL1Ci-QCKiY%3D6Lqw%40mail.gmail.com.
  • P... Paolo Melchiorre (paulox)
    • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
    • ... David Sanders
      • ... 'Tobias McNulty' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
        • ... Paolo Melchiorre
      • ... Paolo Melchiorre
        • ... Jacob Rief
      • ... Joshua Thomas