Hello,

Following the example in
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/4.1/topics/class-based-views/generic-display/#viewing-subsets-of-objects
I tried the following

class BookListView(ListView):
    model = Book
    queryset = Book.objects.filter(publication_date__lte=timezone.now())

I found that this code snippet to retrieve only books that has the
publication date before today (assuming that could be books with
publication date in the future) not work as I would expected.

After some digging, I found that timezone.now() it's cached when server
starts up (in a production environment), so this query filter by the date
the server was started. So the solution is to use a dynamic filtering.

Could be a good idea to include some warning about this in the
documentation?

Thanks,
Daniel