I started a forum thread on the settings refactor here:
https://forum.djangoproject.com/t/settings-refactor/17352

Regarding the original topic of this thread (
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28236), are we ready to close this as
wontfix? I'm okay not proceeding with it (dj-database-url, django-environ,
etc. are more than fine as stop-gaps), but it would be nice to preclude
further effort/work on this issue if we're never going to move forward with
it. While I realize it was never Accepted, that nuance may be lost on new
visitors given the prior work history on the issue...

Cheers,
Tobias

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAMGFDKSHu9mx366iMkrnZseCtTaPXSbvV3dbNTLosL0B2m-L4Q%40mail.gmail.com.
  • R... Raphael G
    • ... Carlton Gibson
      • ... Carlton Gibson
      • ... 'Tobias McNulty' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
        • ... Carlton Gibson
          • ... James Bennett
            • ... Curtis Maloney
            • ... Carlton Gibson
              • ... Florian Apolloner
                • ... 'Tobias McNulty' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)