Le 07. 05. 18 à 08:34, Fòram na Gàidhlig a écrit :
Hi Max,

thanks for looking into this!

To answer your question: Always, always, always present the translators
with full sentences, no exceptions. Even if the current hard-coding
should work for 50 languages that have been tested, language #51 will
come along and have a different word order and screw things up.

So, the string markup should be "X days ago" and "In X days", with no
hard-coded word order at all. You're already taking the plural forms
into account by using npgettext, so that bit is correct.

Hey GunChleoc,

You know I'm already convinced with this rule, however it's very difficult (if possible at all) in the present use case, because the composed string is highly dynamic. It can be:

3 days ago
2 weeks, 3 days ago
1 year, 3 months ago

We'll try to come with an improved situation with the patch. Anyone with a still better implementation idea is welcome to participate.

Claude

When reviewing the changes in my pull request
<https://github.com/django/django/pull/9777