Hi

Ive been using the following with no issues for months, to set the default
user and allow it to be sent out in the get requests:

class FileSerializer(serializers.ModelSerializer):
    uploaded_by = serializers.PrimaryKeyRelatedField(
        read_only=True,
        default=serializers.CurrentUserDefault()
    )

    class Meta:
        model = File
        fields = ...

Its used in a basic ModelViewSet and the uploaded_by is not part of any
unique validators, it just required.

I just want to check it this is still ok to do this as the uploaded_by is
correctly in the serializers data but is missing from the validated_data
when its reported as being valid.
Then the save attempt as expected wines with IntegrityError: null value in
column "uploaded_by_id" violates not-null constraint.

I can see that there was a unique together validation went in 3.8.2
for read_only + default. Im guessing this is the cause but wanted to check
what im doing is still sensible.

Cheers Stu