#22673: inspectdb not support database schema on postgresql with name different 
of
"public"
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Fabio Caritas        |                    Owner:  nobody
  Barrionuevo da Luz <bnafta@…>      |
         Type:  New feature          |                   Status:  new
    Component:  Database layer       |                  Version:  master
  (models, ORM)                      |
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:
     Keywords:  inspectdb,           |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
  introspection, postgresql, schema  |
    Has patch:  0                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by Jaap Vermeulen):

 With a simple code change, schemas in postgres work fine (but not for
 inspectdb).  I will paste the change here and if I find time later on will
 create a pull request and also add the second change in there (from
 #27908) for inspectdb.  In db/backends/postgresql/operations.py replace
 the following method:
 {{{
     def quote_name(self, name):
         if name.startswith('"') and name.endswith('"'):
             return name  # Quoting once is enough.
         # Quote schema and db seperately
         parts = name.split('.')
         return '"' + '"."'.join(parts) + '"'

 }}}
 If and when I have time, I'll see if I can look at the other DBs.

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/22673#comment:9>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/109.0a3a221a6819ce5ca9ea77ca3cb59f25%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to