#27983: New user
-----------------------------------------+-------------------------
               Reporter:  Andrew Schell  |          Owner:  nobody
                   Type:  Uncategorized  |         Status:  new
              Component:  Uncategorized  |        Version:  1.10
               Severity:  Normal         |       Keywords:  newuser
           Triage Stage:  Unreviewed     |      Has patch:  0
    Needs documentation:  0              |    Needs tests:  0
Patch needs improvement:  0              |  Easy pickings:  0
                  UI/UX:  0              |
-----------------------------------------+-------------------------
 In many places the site says to addd code, yet many of these strings of
 code are duplicates of other strings.

 How am I supposed to know where to put the string...

 The designer of the site assumes I know a ton of code or that I know where
 in my code to put the new code

 "Wire these new views into the polls.urls module by adding the following
 url() calls:

 Why don't you post the whole code at each junction rather than tease me as
 a new user with snippets when I have no idea where to put them in my code.

 I get it that this was designed by people with alot of experience... but
 for those of us who don't know django, how are we suppoed to learn if your
 code isn't following the python "explicitly labeled" mantra?

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27983>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/054.64a2617e266bc333c28a99b026b79b6f%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to