#28209: Date-based generic views can fail with ValueError: year is out of range
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Tim Graham           |                    Owner:  Adit
                                     |  Biswas
         Type:  Bug                  |                   Status:  assigned
    Component:  Generic views        |                  Version:  1.11
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                       |             Triage Stage:  Ready for
                                     |  checkin
    Has patch:  1                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by Adit Biswas):

 Sorry, I'm not sure if I've done enough. Waiting for some discussion
 around this before I continue making changes.
 basically datetime will throw value errors whenever the year crosses 9999.
 Wherever a datetime is manipulated to increment the date to cross 10000
 will be affected.

 {{{
 YearMixin._get_next_year(self, date)
 MonthMixin._get_next_month(self, date)
 DayMixin._get_next_day(self, date)
 WeekMixin._get_next_week(self, date)
 }}}
 While 404 would be an appropriate response for dates crossing the Year
 9999
 shouldnt the dates between 01-01-9999 and 31-12-9999 be handled
 appropriately
 if I throw 404 for each mixin the behaviour will be slightly odd. since
 ''/dates/books/9999/'' will throw a 404 but ''/dates/books/9999/01'' will
 not

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28209#comment:5>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/067.908c9cba89c480bd5dd2efc3636a96a8%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to