#24747: Allow transforms in order_by
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Ben Buchwald         |                    Owner:  Matthew
                                     |  Wilkes
         Type:  New feature          |                   Status:  assigned
    Component:  Database layer       |                  Version:  master
  (models, ORM)                      |
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                       |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
    Has patch:  0                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by Matthew Wilkes):

 The RawSQL trick is a nice workaround. For my part, I've done some work on
 this and have order_by, distinct and values working on JSON fields, as
 well as order_by on a toy lookup for testing purposes.

 The PR isn't in a mergable state yet, as I've left lots of debugging help
 in for myself and not tidied the commits yet, but I'm open to ideas for
 additional things I should test.

 Austin, do the tests at https://github.com/django/django/pull/8528/files
 #diff-7a482072a1e7be83b1c715879401a4f6 accurately represent what you want
 from JSON fields?

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/24747#comment:8>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/065.f48261fb6d5cd4dd91720aa0505af693%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to