#24747: Allow transforms in order_by
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Ben Buchwald         |                    Owner:  Matthew
                                     |  Wilkes
         Type:  New feature          |                   Status:  assigned
    Component:  Database layer       |                  Version:  master
  (models, ORM)                      |
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                       |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
    Has patch:  1                    |      Needs documentation:  1
  Needs tests:  1                    |  Patch needs improvement:  1
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Changes (by Josh Smeaton):

 * needs_better_patch:  0 => 1
 * needs_tests:  0 => 1
 * needs_docs:  0 => 1


Comment:

 A few things to tidy up or consider. Need some usage documentation. Need
 some tests outside contrib/postgres showcasing new abilities. Old docs
 might need to be changed to eliminate redundant calls like
 annotate().values().annotate().

 I don't see anything fundamentally wrong though - it's very nearly ready
 for a merge I think. I'll know a lot more once I've actually used the
 changes.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/24747#comment:12>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/065.cfa52961b13a1e1548217ec0568d7a92%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to