#28573: Migrations create a bad index if creating and renaming the same foreign
key
in one migration
----------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Reporter: Jerome Leclanche | Owner: nobody
Type: Uncategorized | Status: new
Component: Migrations | Version: 1.11
Severity: Normal | Resolution:
Keywords: | Triage Stage: Unreviewed
Has patch: 0 | Needs documentation: 0
Needs tests: 0 | Patch needs improvement: 0
Easy pickings: 0 | UI/UX: 0
----------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Description changed by Tim Graham:
Old description:
> I have the following monster migration:
>
> https://github.com/jleclanche/dj-
> stripe/blob/61ad7e3fa0e0b6a8ead68d892f66fc7d26edefda/djstripe/migrations/0002_card_customer_from_source.py
>
> Putting aside most of it; when running it, I was getting the following
> error:
>
> django.db.utils.ProgrammingError: column "customer_from_source_id"
> does not exist
>
> That was very confusing, but when debugging it I found out that it's
> choking all the way at the end on the following sql statement:
>
> CREATE INDEX "djstripe_card_customer_from_source_id_2343e200" ON
> "djstripe_card" ("customer_from_source_id")
>
> Now, that's weird because it shouldn't be creating that index on
> "customer_from_source_id" but on "customer_id" instead. The field is
> first created like so:
>
> migrations.AddField(
> model_name="card",
> name="customer_from_source",
> field=models.ForeignKey(null=True,
> on_delete=django.db.models.deletion.CASCADE, related_name="sources",
> to="djstripe.Customer"),
> ),
>
> Then, it is renamed:
>
> migrations.RenameField(
> model_name="card",
> old_name="customer_from_source",
> new_name="customer",
> ),
New description:
I have the following monster migration:
https://github.com/jleclanche/dj-
stripe/blob/61ad7e3fa0e0b6a8ead68d892f66fc7d26edefda/djstripe/migrations/0002_card_customer_from_source.py
Putting aside most of it; when running it, I was getting the following
error:
{{{
django.db.utils.ProgrammingError: column "customer_from_source_id"
does not exist
}}}
That was very confusing, but when debugging it I found out that it's
choking all the way at the end on the following sql statement:
CREATE INDEX "djstripe_card_customer_from_source_id_2343e200" ON
"djstripe_card" ("customer_from_source_id")
Now, that's weird because it shouldn't be creating that index on
"customer_from_source_id" but on "customer_id" instead. The field is first
created like so:
{{{
migrations.AddField(
model_name="card",
name="customer_from_source",
field=models.ForeignKey(null=True,
on_delete=django.db.models.deletion.CASCADE, related_name="sources",
to="djstripe.Customer"),
),
}}}
Then, it is renamed:
{{{
migrations.RenameField(
model_name="card",
old_name="customer_from_source",
new_name="customer",
),
}}}
--
--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28573#comment:2>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/062.b20b8790758876cfd8da1ae74b39b61c%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.