Hey All,

I'm looking to improve the search functionality for my site.  It is
currently based on a highly customized django-seeker, but I'm hitting
a wall trying to move forward with that package.  (Not maintained, and
doesn't work at all out of the box on my site).

Can anyone offer suggestions?  The full-text solutions currently
available are tailored for text content with a little structure (tags,
categories).  My data is exactly the opposite - highly structured,
with a handful of comment fields that can easily be handled with ilike
queries without a big performance hit.

The goal is to provide non-programmer scientists with a visual 'query
builder' - a large number of filters to drill down to a dataset of
interest, then download it.  The concept is well described, but not
well implemented, by the django-seeker package.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

James