Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> Live CDs have a slight drawback in that they take over your computer
> whilst you are using them, so evaluating a submission whilst taking
> notes requires two computers and you lose the ability to cut and paste
> and easily take screenshots, etc, without a lot of fiddling around
> running a remote viewer.

Yes, ideally it would launch Django using the built-in WSGI web server,
use SQLite, and "just work".  I'm sure there'd have to be some sort of
wrapper script to set up the environment, launch the server, and open a
brower to localhost to get the feel of a single executable.

I appreciate the feedback so far.

As an aside: We're also investigating Rails and I discovered this link
on distributing Rails which looks promising.  My next step will be to
see if there are Python equivalents and see if that provides me any
leads:
http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/distributingrubyapplications/rails.html

Thanks again,
Rob