Hi,

Your TEMPLATE_DIRS should contain a path to a folder where you want to keep
your templates. Say if your project is in *D:/myproject* then create a
folder named
template under *D:\myproject*, and in that folder create a folder named *admin
*and then copy and paste base_site.html into the admin folder.

 TEMPLATE_DIRS section should look like the below snippet in settings.py

*
TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
    'D:/myproject /templates'
)

*
On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Anthony Pearce <coden...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have made it to the "Writing your first Django app, part 2" page
> down to "Customize the admin look and feel", at the bottom.  I'm stuck
> with this paragraph......
>
> Now copy the template admin/base_site.html from within the default
> Django admin template directory in the source code of Django itself
> (django/contrib/admin/templates) into an admin subdirectory of
> whichever directory you're using in TEMPLATE_DIRS. For example, if
> your TEMPLATE_DIRS includes "/home/my_username/mytemplates", as above,
> then copy django/contrib/admin/templates/admin/base_site.html to /home/
> my_username/mytemplates/admin/base_site.html. Don't forget that admin
> subdirectory.
>
> I found the "base_site" at C:/Django-1.2.4/django/contrib/admin/
> templates/admin/base_site.html.
>
> I have no idea where this is supposed to be copied and pasted to.
>
> Any help please?

*Praveen Krishna R*