On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 07:51:55AM +0800, Russell Keith-Magee wrote:

> I am yet to meet an online forum interface that doesn't make me want
> to gouge my own eyes out. For my money, email is a vastly preferable
> interface in almost every respect. Google's Groups could certainly
> do with some work, but it's a lot more serviceable than any forum
> interface I've ever used.

I couldn't agree with you more.  I never do well keeping up with
online forums, but I'm on umpteen mailing lists.  My local mail
archives serve me well.

My main complaint about Google Groups is that I can't download message
archives when I join a group.  That option is available with most
Mailman based mailing lists, and I've even found a script for
downloading Yahoo Groups message archives.  My local archive of this
mailing list only goes back to 2009.  I'd love to have the full
archive of this list at my fingertips.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system?  One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.