Hello,

I'm designing a model which is a collection of texts.  Some of the
texts will be things like books, with a YYYY date of publication, and
some of them will be articles or transcripts with a mmddyyy date of
publication/broadcast.

I'd like to structure it somehow so that when I view the list of texts
in the admin site, I see something like this:

Title                            Date                      ...other
fields
Sample Book               1984                     ...
Sample Blog Post         1/14/2010             ...

Can I (should I?) store these two kinds of dates in one field?  If I
can't (or shouldn't), is there some other way to accomplish this
(that's not too complicated)?

Thanks,
Karen