Hi Karen,

I did with two fields - storing a date and a date resolution.

The values could be:

date / resolution - display value

1984-12-31 / Exact Date - 31st December 1984
1984-12-01 / Month - December 1984
1984-01-01 / Year - 1984

So I just used the first of the month where unknown, and January where
unknown.

I then had a method on the model object to return the format based on the
stored date and the resolution.

It worked for what I needed it for,

Tim.