hi,
I think mptt or treebeard may be a good fit for my project, but I'm
not sure. Currently I have the project setup in a conventional way
with no explicit tree structure, just a pattern of ForeignKey usage.
It works, but I'm beginning to get into some complexity.

The project is for building (compiling) a large set of documentation.
A 'Library' contains 'Books'; A 'Book' contains 'Chapters';' Chapters'
are made up of 'Files' and 'Files' refer to external 'Images'. Each of
these elements has its own set of configuration parameters.

I'm trying to write an interface for writers to configure 'Books' and/
or 'Chapters', which could mean setting particular configuration
fields for the element, or removing/adding elements into the overall
hierarchy at specific points (maybe a chapter needs to be added as the
13th chapter in a Book, for example).

I have the merest grasp of tree traversal and the associated
mathematics, but from reading the mptt docs, I think that the
application might be the perfect fit for my project.

Can someone confirm or point me to some other documentation to help me
figure this out?
thanks,
--Tim Arnold