You *could* use Tidy, then post process with a sed script to convert
the '%20's to spaces.

There may be comparable Windows tool, but if you want sed, you can
install Cygwin.

But if you install Cygwin, you could edit with vim.

Since you're editing templates, you probably have python installed.
If there isn't already a python based template reformatter, that
sounds like an obvious project.  It would still be outside your
editor, however.  I really want formatting aid inside my editor
(spoiled emacs user).  Perhaps an extension to IDLE?