On Mar 23, 2011, at 4:25 AM, Malcolm Box wrote:

> Further investigation: looks like it's a South/syncdb interaction. The
> UserProfile will be created by the south migration, but of course that
> hasn't run when the auth post_install runs to prompt for a superuser.
>
> Sadly syncdb --migrate doesn't do the right thing either.
>
> For now, I'm just creating a superuser manually using ./manage.py
> shell, but would welcome any ideas on how to solve this better.

Don't create the super user during syncdb,  you user profile table will not
exist.
You must have a create signal on admin that creates a user profile, this looks
like it is failing

The procedure you wan to use to initialize the database is:

manage.py syncdb --noinput
manage.py migrate
mange.py createsuperuser

Jason