Gladys,

On Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:12:29 PM UTC-4, gladys wrote:
The root directory for your templates is in  '/whatever/myproject', so

> of course it will look for your base.html here.
> Now if your base is in another location, say "/whatever/myproject/
> myapp/base.html", your extends should look like this:
> {% extends "myapp/base.html" %}.

First, thanks for the reply.

It's *finding* my /myproject/myapp/*index.html* template (the one that calls
"base.html"), so something clearly knows about where to find my templates,
yet "extend" looks elsewhere.

That is, if I make /myproject/myapp/index.html to be completely
self-contained, it is found and loaded fine.

If I change it to {% extend "base.html" %}, it can't find that referenced
template.

That seems broken to me.

I tried your suggestion above (the other day, and again now) in
/myproject/myapp/index.html

{% extend "myapp/base.html" %}

It does not work:

    Caught TemplateDoesNotExist while rendering: myapp/base.html

ALSO... I changed the following from:

TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
    '/myproject',
)

to:

TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
    '/myproject/myapp',
)

Which then results in failure to find even /myproject/myapp/index.html

    TemplateDoesNotExist at /