On Monday, April 25, 2011 9:16:18 PM UTC+1, lingrlongr wrote:

> I have a view that subclasses uses django.views.generic UpdateView.
> In my template, I'm trying to access a form field's required
> property.  For example:
>
> {% for field in form %}
>    {{ field.required }}
> {% endfor %}
>
> Nothing outputs when the template is rendered.  Does the "required"
> attribute not get populated when using the class-based UpdateView
> generic view?  I'm assuming that is correct, just looking for
> confirmation as to yes, it's supposed to work like that.  Any reason
> why this would not be an included attribute?
>
> These documentation for the new class-based views seems very vague
> ATM.
>
> Keith

Forms work exactly the same in class-based views as they do in any other
views. However you're using the form, the `required` attribute is not on the
`field` object you get when doing `for field in forms`. It is, perhaps
confusingly, on the field's `field` property, so you need to do {{
field.field.required }}.
--
DR.