On 05/10/2011 05:59 PM, Paweł Roman wrote:
You're right, I've just checked it and there's a gap for 100+ ids, so
he must be right.

Two things. One won't help you (this time), but the other will.

1. I have a post_save signal listener and I dump the info about each model instance with a timestamp and the pk of the user to MongoDB each time. The main reason is for auditing purposes, but you can also use this data to recreate missing records.

2. If the guy expects you to re-enter everything for him then he must have the data for you. If so, you can easily write a script to re-enter the missing data. If that's not something you have experience with then I can help.

Shawn