Development setup (when on my own comp.):
arch linux, vim or leafpad, sqlite, django development server

Development setup (when on my brothers comp):
cygwin, notepad++, sqlite, django development server (both inside and
outside of cygwin to make sure everything is same.)

Deployment:
ubuntu (cloud), nginx with uwsgi, supervisord, postgresql, south

MUST HAVES (on all platforms): git!

http://yasar.serveblog.net/