On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Jacob G <ja...@fareclock.com> wrote:
> I doubt I'm familiar enough with Django to fix bugs.

Wait until the talks from DjangoCon US 2011 are out, then watch my
lightning talk. I guarantee you could submit at least three patches
today alone.

> I am puzzled by what I am see though with the BaseForm class in Aptana
> PyDev debugger. I noticed that full_clean() was not being called via a
> call to is_valid. So I stepped through the debugger, and for some
> strange reason, the BaseForm constructor, although the code says
> "self._errors = None" the debugger watchlist shows self._errors as set
> to an empty ErrorDict, and therefore the _get_errors() method never
> called full_clean().
>
> Does this make any sense? It doesn't sound right.

I haven't dug into this particular code, so I don't know why it works
that way. In any case, what is it that you're actually trying to
accomplish? I ask because I'm pretty sure Django form validation isn't
buggy or we'd know by now. If you're just trying to understand Django
then that's awesome, and I hope you figure it out or someone helps
out. But if you're digging into it to try to solve a problem in your
own code, what is it?

Shawn