Hey,

I read your post some days ago and waited what other people say. But
nobody answered.

I posted a related question some time ago: Staging (dev,test,prod) in django. I
explain
my setup there.
http://markmail.org/thread/wqwvordnlhyizwyp

A related thread on django-dev:
http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/d919da361273dbc0/8de3c5cf9369eca3?#8de3c5cf9369eca3

I think it would be very good to have the fundamental parts in django:
 * stages: DEV, TEST, PROD
 * get next system: user, host, install-prefix

Several deployment implementation could use these methods and variables.
Switching
between a deployment implementation would be easier.

  Thomas