On 14/03/12 21:47, Thomas Guettler wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I read your post some days ago and waited what other people say. But
> nobody answered.
>
> I posted a related question some time ago: Staging (dev,test,prod) in
> django. I explain
> my setup there.
> http://markmail.org/thread/wqwvordnlhyizwyp
>
> A related thread on django-dev:
> http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/d919da361273dbc0/8de3c5cf9369eca3?#8de3c5cf9369eca3
>

> I think it would be very good to have the fundamental parts in django:
>  * stages: DEV, TEST, PROD
>  * get next system: user, host, install-prefix
>
> Several deployment implementation could use these methods and variables.
> Switching
> between a deployment implementation would be easier.
>
>   Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Yeah, I didn't get a lot of feedback -- but in the intervening time I've
been using zc.buildout with two of my projects and I've quite liked the
way it does things. Doesn't solve all my problems -- but it does seem to
do a nice job of combining what using virtualenv and setup.py gets you.

Cheers,

        Tom

--
  Tom Eastman  //  Catalyst IT Ltd.  //  +64 4 803 2432